Friday, April 4, 2014

Tutor Week: Meet Anna

To round out our tutor week, we've chosen to profile the lovely Anna!

Name: Anna






Major: Nutrition/Dietetics
Year: Junior
What do you like doing best in your spare time?
I like to read and I like to run, but not at the same time. ;)

What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you about writing?
        The best advice about writing I have ever received is to set aside time to write the paper and then get it all done at once. I like to concentrate on one paper at a time so I can remember what I am trying to say.
What has been the most rewarding part of your job at the Miller Writing Center?
        I have really liked working with people who are stuck on their paper. By the end of the appointment they have a direction and a place to start working to complete their paper.

Is there anything challenging about your job in the Writing Center? If so, what is it?
        It can be challenging when people come in the same day that their essay is due. Start early!

When and where do you work at the MWC?
        I work Wednesdays 11-3 in Athletics and Thursdays 4-6 in RBD.


Hidden talent?
        My hidden talent is that I play the piano. I haven’t been able to practice much at school (pianos aren’t very transportable…), but I play when I can.


Any good book recommendations?
        I recently read The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. It is fantastic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment