Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tutor Week: Meet Morgan


You've made it halfway through the week! Take a break and meet another one of our delightful tutors, Morgan


Name: Morgan McVay
Major: Public Relations with a minor in Spanish
Year: Junior​
What do you like doing best in your spare time?
I love to do anything outside, especially if it involves being in the water and the sunshine. I also enjoy reading, painting and traveling.

What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you about writing?
"If you're running out of things to say, quit writing" or "write tight." We've been taught to "fluff" our papers to make our writing longer, but if you're having to think of something else to say, your readers are probably getting bored.

What has been the most rewarding part of your job at the Miller Writing Center?
Working with the same writer over time and seeing how much they improve their writing ability from paper to paper. I love when they pick out mistakes that we've covered before I do!

Is there anything challenging about your job in the Writing Center? If so, what is it?
I think the most challenging thing is having to tell someone that their paper doesn't match the given assignment. I know they've put so much work into it, but I would rather tell them so they can fix it before turning it in.

When and where do you work at the MWC?:
Monday in RBD 3-6PM
Tuesday in RBD 4-7PM
Wednesday in the LRC 10AM-12PM

If you had a super power that you could only use in the Writing Center, what would it be and why?
The power to warm myself up. The LRC is always freezing!
More seriously though: the power to read faster. I'm a pretty slow reader, so I could probably get a lot more done in the appointment time if I could read faster.



Any good music recommendations?

I love country music, but I downloaded the Haim album recently and I can't stop listening to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment